Featured Vacation RentalPark St C. Hall :: located 1 block from historic Court Square and 3 blocks from Downtown Mall
Terms and Conditions
For all Short-Term (less than 30 days) reservations a 25% deposit of the subtotal is collected. This deposit applies towards the total cost of the reservation.
For Long-Term (30 days or more) reservations the first month's rent is due upon signing of the lease. A lease will be sent and terms will be established within.
It is important to understand our cancellation policy before making your reservation.
Short-Term Reservations Early Cancellation:
An Early Cancellation is any cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the date of arrival. Early Cancellations qualify for a full refund of the original deposit.
Short-Term Reservations Late Cancellation
Cancellations within 29-15 days of arrival will result in a forfeit of the initial deposit.
Cancellations or changes to reservations within 14 days of arrival will result in a charge of 50% of the rate for the canceled/forfeited days.
Cancellations or changes to reservations within 7 days prior to the date of arrival will result in loss of 100% of the reservation total. We will do our best to book another party, and if successful, we can offer partial refunds minus an administrative fee.
Last Minute Reservations:
A Last-Minute Reservation is any reservation made within 7 days of the arrival date. Any cancellations or changes for a Last Minute Reservation, including those made within 24 hours of booking your reservation, will result in loss of 100% of the reservation total.
Long-Term Reservations Cancellation Policy:
A Long-Term Reservation is any reservation for 30 nights or more. A lease will be sent and terms will be established in lease.
Stay Charlottesville Rental Policies
The occupancy and parking policies are dictated by city and county ordinances to control the noise and congestion of our neighborhoods, as well as maintain the quality of our properties. To maintain our rental permits we cannot allow RVs, campers, trailers or tents at the homes and the occupancy limit of each home may not be exceeded at any time.
To make a reservation we require a 25% deposit of the total balance excluding taxes, which is applied to the total rent. All balances are due 7 days prior to arrival and are charged automatically onto the credit card used for the deposit. A reminder email is sent out 10 days prior to arrival date alerting the customer that their credit card will be run in 3 days. If separate credit cards or a different credit card need to be used for the remainder of the balance, this can be arranged by calling our office. A lodging tax of 6% and state sales tax of 5.3% are assessed on the daily rate. In addition, guests are assessed a cleaning fee, which varies based on the size of the property. If guests fail to check out by check-out time (11 am) and cleaning crew arrives, guest will be charged $35.00 per hour in which said crew waits. Check out time is 11am on day of departure. A credit card is required to be on file for any extensive damages or excessive cleaning that may be required. Guests agree to leave kitchen dishes clean and put away, failure to do so will result in $35.00 dollar fee per hour to clean.
For your convenience we accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards and require that an active card be on file in case of damage to the property or additional fee’s assessed due to violation of this agreement.
Below is the formal listing of our policies for all our properties:
Stay Charlottesville, LLC Terms and Conditions for Lease
1. Agreement: Rental contracts are signed during web reservations. For phone reservations, terms and conditions will be sent via email and must be signed online unless requested otherwise by renter. Failure to submit/sign agreement means there is no reservation and Stay Charlottesville may offer property to another group.
2. Pets: Domestic or commercial animals are not allowed on the premises at any time unless approval has been given prior. Any sign of a pet onsite associated with the guest’s group will be cause for immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rental fees. Additional cleaning fees starting at $500 may also be assessed.
3. Smoking: Renters may only smoke outside the property. Violators of this policy are subject to a minimum $500 cleaning fee and any cost associated with removing smoke from property in addition. Additionally, it is paramount that all our properties remain smoke butt free and upon check-in must be found free of any smoke butts. If butts are found, please report to Stay Charlottesville office at 434 977 0442 x 2 upon check-in. Otherwise, guest will be charged $70.00 per hour cleaning fee to remove and at a minimum of 1 hour being charged.
4. Occupancy: The Maximum Occupancy of all properties may not be exceeded in the area of persons or vehicles at any time. Vehicles must not exceed the amount stated on the rental agreement and must be parked onsite. Vehicles visible from the property operated by persons at the property will be deemed associated with the property and in violation of the occupancy limit. Occupancy of persons will include anyone above the age of four on the premises. The premises are to be occupied only by those parties listed on the rental agreement. Only adults (25 years old and older) may reserve the property and an adult must occupy the property at all times when children are present. Violators of this policy are subject to an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee. Guest agrees to have additional cleaning fees for an occupancy violation to be charged to the credit card submitted upon booking.
5. Payment: Balances are due in full within seven days of check-in. The guest agrees to have all balances owing after the due date placed on the credit card used for the deposit.
6. Cancellation Policy: Cancellation Policy is posted above.
7. Transfer: Rental Agreements are non-transferable to another party.
8. Behavior/Damage: Renters may not permit any acts on the premises that violate any state law or rules of the management. Renters may not destroy, damage, deface, or remove any contents or permit any person to do so. Guests are liable for all damages to furnishings and the property. Renter must report any damage found at property upon arrival so that Stay Charlottesville, LLC can track to the correct party. Renter must report all damages that occur during their reservation to Stay Charlottesville at the time the damage occurs. Renter agrees to have all fees for damage to be charged to the credit card submitted upon booking. If the guest is unwilling or unable to pay for damage caused by their group within 60 days from the departure date, they will be responsible for the cost of repair in addition to the cost of all legal, attorney and administrative fees incurred by Stay Charlottesville, LLC required to collect the balance owed.
9. Noise: No guest shall create or permit any nuisance to exist. Please respect the rights of the neighbors by restricting sound and noise to a reasonable volume.
10. Disclaimer: Stay Charlottesville, LLC assumes no liability for damages, expenses or inconveniences due to loss of services out of its control.
11. Termination: Guests shall use the premises only as a dwelling. Violation of terms of lease is grounds for notice to vacate the dwelling and to terminate this agreement.
12. Loss: Upon departure, inventory of all furnishings, appliances dishes etc. will be taken. Any missing or broken items may be charged to the guest`s credit card.
13. RV/Boats: Trailers, Campers, RV`s, Tents or Boats are not allowed on or parked near the premises.
14. Refunds: There will be no refunds for early departures, for breakdowns of air conditioner, heater, appliances, etc., if said breakdown is due to weather and/or other conditions over which Owner has not control. All signatories to this lease as renters are jointly and severally responsible for the faithful performance of this lease. All payments made shall be applied to any outstanding balances of any kind including late charges and /or any other charges due under this lease at owner's discretion. All late charges, interest, NSF, or bank fees, and any monies due under this lease are hereby defined as, intended and considered to be additional rent.
15. Doors Locked: Doors must be kept locked when the property is not occupied.
16. Keys: Keys must be left inside prior to departure unless otherwise instructed at property. If lost, Stay Charlottesville will have the locks re-keyed and billed to the guest.
17. Legal: In the event Stay Charlottesville must bring action to enforce any provision of this agreement, Stay Charlottesville shall be entitled to costs and fines plus attorney’s fees.
18. Privacy: All credit card information is kept confidential and encrypted to prevent unauthorized charges.
19. Good Neighbor Policy: Stay Charlottesville properties are located in mixed-use neighborhoods that include both short-term guests and year-round residents. We want you to enjoy your stay, but not at the expense of the neighbors so please be considerate of the neighbors with your noise and activities.
20. Children: The properties we manage are not child proof and require children to be supervised by an adult at all times. Amenities such as furniture with sharp edges, games with small pieces, cleaning products and other examples known and unknown pose safety issues for unsupervised children.
21. Unavailability Provision: This property may become unavailable due to circumstances outside of our control. Examples include but are not limited to: destruction or severe damage due to weather. In such event we will do our best to make alternative arrangement for you where possible. If we cannot, or if the alternative arrangements are not acceptable to you, then we will refund all the monies paid. This will be the full extent of Stay Charlottesville, LLC liability to you in such circumstances, and we will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising. Additional Travel Insurance to cover airfare and other areas of expense may be available through http://www.travelguard.com.
22. Confirmation: Reservations are not fully confirmed until reviewed by a reservation agent who will contact the guest via phone to verify online bookings meet pricing and minimum stay guidelines.
23. Choice of Law: The laws of the state of Virginia shall govern the validity of this Agreement, the construction of its terms and the interpretation of the rights and duties hereto.
24. Attorney’s Fees: If owner employs an attorney to enforce the terms and conditions of this lease, Tenant shall be responsible for all costs and reasonable attorney’s fees as incurred by the Owner whether or not suit is filed. Both Owner and Tenant waive the right to demand a jury trial concerning any litigation between Owner and Tenant.
Stay Charlottesville, LLC acts only as an intermediary for the owners providing accommodations, transportation and services to Guest. Under no circumstances shall Stay Charlottesville, LLC, managing agents, owners of rental, and/or their respective employees be responsible for any loss, expense, damages, claims or injury direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise whatsoever, caused or incurred whether arising in contract, or otherwise in law or equity as a result of rendering of the services or accommodations as described in this Agreement or as a result of any delay(s), substitution(s), rescheduling(s) or change(s) in the services or accommodations arranged by Stay Charlottesville, LLC. Additionally, Stay Charlottesville, LLC, managing agents, rental owners, and/or their respective employees shall not be responsible for any loss, expense, damages, claims or injury direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise caused by reason of military actions, acts of God, or by any agents, employees, subcontractors, servants or services as provided or substituted. Stay Charlottesville, LLC at all times will act in good faith and use its best efforts when required under this Agreement to substitute with accommodations or services of a type comparable to those contracted. Stay Charlottesville, LLC reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any person(s) and/or to rescind any contract for accommodations or Guest services and Stay Charlottesville, LLC will not be liable under any circumstances, including substitutions, to refund any unused portion of booked accommodations or services. Stay Charlottesville, LLC, managing agents, rental owners, and/or their respective employees are not responsible for theft or damage of personal property and no refunds will be given for any such occurrences. Guest and all occupants have been advised not to leave personal articles in locked vehicles, even if in the trunk; to always lock their vehicle; to always secure the rental.
Guest acknowledges that, if all rental monies have been paid, the maximum recourse the Guest has against Stay Charlottesville, LLC for any alleged breach of this Agreement is the amount of the rental paid or to be paid to Stay Charlottesville, LLC arising out of this Agreement.
Pets are allowed at noted properties with PRIOR written approval, provided pet and pet owner agree to the following conditions:
P1. General: The pet is housebroken, flea free, not prone to shedding, and not prone to damaging property.
P2. Furniture: Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds, unless a protective cover is used provided by guest. There is an extra pet cleaning fee if evidence of excessive pet hair is found in the home.
P3. Damage: The cost to repair any damage done by a guest’s pet, such as chewing furniture, staining carpet (pet urine), etc. will be charged against the guest’s credit card and/or deducted from the damage deposit, and the guest will be charged for carpet cleaning, odor removal, and flea spray if any evidence of an unapproved pet(s) is found in the rental home or on the premises.
P4. Waste Removal: Guests must pick up after their pet when the pet does its business, whether on Stay Charlottesville property or other areas, and dispose of waste in a proper container. GUESTS WILL BE CHARGED A FEE OF $10.00 FOR EACH POOP REMOVAL.
P5. Supervision: All pets must be under the complete control of a responsible guest, and must be on a hand-held leash at all times when not in a fenced yard. The Guest agrees NOT to leave pet(s) alone TO ROAM FREELY THROUGHOUT THE HOME.
P6. Behavior: We do not limit pet size or breed, however aggressive or unruly dogs are not welcome for the safety of other guests and children in the area. If we receive one or more complaints regarding barking or aggressive pet behavior, the guest, with their pet will be asked to leave with forfeiture of all rents and security deposit.
P7. Pet Noise: The Guest agrees to monitor pet’s noise so that pet(s) DO NOT disturb neighbors, and certifies that pet(s) will be under the complete control of a responsible human companion and on a hand-held leash at all times when outdoors.
P8. Indemnify / Hold Harmless:
The pet owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend rental owner against all liability, judgments, expenses (including attorney’s fees), or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by their pet(s).